We focus our law practice on serving our clients. In fact, we have written our core values on the walls of our office so we see them every day and all day. Right in the middle is a core mantra: Touch the Case Touch the Client. That might mean a phone call or an email or a letter, some way of letting the client know what is going on with his or her case and what it means to the client.
A Commitment to Customer Service
At the Schlitt Law Firm, we are proud of our legal work. After all, Carol L. Schlitt, our founder and lead attorney has been named a Super Lawyer three years in a row and is rated as superior by Avvo. What separates us from other firms is our commitment to customer service. We have built our processes and our service around our clients. Our core values commit us to communication, education and responsiveness. We communicate as often as possible, looking for opportunities to speak or write to our clients. Thus we remind ourselves: Touch the Case – Touch the Client.
Educating our clients is an essential part of every communication. We ensure that our clients understand what is happening with their cases and understand the settlement and legal process. In simple terms, we always want to answer the question: what does this mean for the client? Our commitment to education has led us to create a series of Client Guides on everything from what to wear to court to how to prepare for a deposition and to a suit report that explains the details of what it means to file a lawsuit.
The promise of responsiveness starts with the simple premise: we will respond as quickly and as fully as possible every time a client contacts us. When a client calls, we do everything we can to help immediately and we promise to return all calls within 8 business hours. We track our performance and publish the results at our website.
The best form of responsiveness comes when we anticipate client needs. Here’s an example. After a settlement, a client will typically ask two questions: “Exactly how much money will I get and when will I see my money?” Recognizing this, we created a Case Closing Report that spells out exactly how much money the client will receive and when the money will arrive and we send it to our clients immediately upon settling a case.
Making Invisible Service Tangible
Back in 1997, author Harry Beckwith coined the phrase “Invisible Service” talking about services that clients and customers did not see. That’s true about our business: we spend all day working on cases for our clients, yet clients do not always see what we do for them. The solution: Touch the Case – Touch the Client. We tell our clients what we do for them. Here are some examples just from this afternoon:
- Our Records Maven Patty Moore spent time collecting medical records and sent an email to each client for whom we tracked down a medical record.
- Our Client Advocate Attorney Susan Loucks finished an investigation into a bicycle accident case and prepared an Investigative Report to share with a client.
- Our Client Services Director Mark X. Cronin arranged to reschedule a No Fault medical exam for a client and prepared a No Fault Medical Exam Guide for the client.
- Carol Schlitt put the finishing touches on a Settlement Proposal and spoke to the client to make sure he understood what was going on with his case.
- Patty finished preparing a Suit Report for a client that explains how we had filed a lawsuit and what that means for the client.
- Susan worked with a hospital to get them to agree to take a lien for money owed by a client so the client could wait until receiving her settlement before paying the bill.
- Mark followed up with a No Fault insurer to get a client benefits and wrote a letter to the client with an update.
- Carol spoke to a client about the results of an investigation and collected more notes from him so we could finish our Investigative Report.
- Carol and Mark both spoke to a woman injured in a car accident who wanted to know her rights and legal options. She asked to retain our services and we sent her a Welcome Kit to explain everything we would do for her.
You can see how we have baked communication and education into everything we do. We live by the mantra: Touch the Case – Touch the Client.
If you want a law firm that focuses on serving clients, if you want a team of people all working with a passion for remarkable service, you should give us a call. For more information, please visit www.SchlittLaw.com, call 1-800-660-1466 or send an email to Contact@SchlittLaw.com. The consultation is always free.
This material is intended for informational uses only. It is not meant as legal advice. To receive legal advice, you should consult an attorney. Remember, past results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.
All content of this site:
© copyright 2010-2012 by The Schlitt Law Firm
The material presented in this blog may not be reproduced or appropriated in any way without the explicit permission of the author.
Categories: Customer Service